Sep 26, 2008

Never ending Friday

And no, I have not disapeared! *insert repressed laughter*

I have been working for over a year on this kitschenette. Surprisingly I did manage to start and almost finish it in less than a month, but the correction and finishing work has been going on for so long. Partly because I did not paint for quite a while after having moved.

But here it is in almost all of its finished glory.




The picture is a week old, so here you can see the progress that I made in this particularly difficult area. I repainted it already five or six times! But I think I figured out how the fabric is going to be.




I am left with about 6 to 10 hours of work here. I need to finish the foreground, touch up the background, complete the pear and unify the whole thing with some nice shadows and light.

2 comments:

CCC (Crazy Cooking Camper) said...

WOW. Now I can see that my sister really paints! I like the way you painted the fabric in the corner next to the apple.

And BTW I DO say "nice work" once in a while - ha ha ha

sartrette said...

Oh how much happiness thou shalt bring to those bourgeois ladies :)

whoart?

My photo
Year 1
What happens when a Fine Art student decides to get her portfolio done and starts a blog. Will she keep on updating or will she let it go as most previous journals? Who is going to comment on her blog? Read on to know more.

Finaly the long awaited sequel is here!

Year 2
She did keep up and update, but now that she is a University student, is the work load to much? Is she still interested in shamelessly showing of? So many questions, so little are answered. Follow her on her journey.

Available at any browser near you.