Dec 22, 2008

Monday puff

After having finished school, and after going out almost everyday for a week, just before Christmas, I decided to try myself at a speed painting again.

My previous efforts were not met with pride. I did only like one of them and even then I thought it was so-so. So before getting to my bigger project, that I want to do with loose stroke I decided to warm up.

After spending half of the day surfing on beautiful painter’s blogs, I got enough inspiration to attempt.

My first attempt was hell. I had to wipe it off three times before finally getting to something that was ok. But everything about it annoyed me. From the colours that were so damn off to the lack of normal shadows. So this little Chantilly puff is the ugly little duckling.


Oil on 4"x4" canvas board

After getting mad and having some tea I decided to give it a shot again. After finding the right undertone I found the right cloth that would be my background and here is my pretty little result.

I like it; I think it is luminous compared to all others. I like how you can see the pink through the blue. Now I am proud.



Oil on 4"x6" canvas board.

0 comments:

whoart?

My photo
Year 1
What happens when a Fine Art student decides to get her portfolio done and starts a blog. Will she keep on updating or will she let it go as most previous journals? Who is going to comment on her blog? Read on to know more.

Finaly the long awaited sequel is here!

Year 2
She did keep up and update, but now that she is a University student, is the work load to much? Is she still interested in shamelessly showing of? So many questions, so little are answered. Follow her on her journey.

Available at any browser near you.