Mar 31, 2009

Tuesday surprise

I finally participated at Karin Jurick's bi-weekly challenges. And here is the result I got.

Makizushi, oil on 6"x8" canvas board.

I had to wipe it two times before starting something that I liked. Now the more I look at it the more I like it. I think that my brush strokes and colours are well done here. The sushis do not look like the photo but I think they still have a nice character to them. Sadly the colours in the picture are a bit off, and also too dark.

3 comments:

Marie Fox said...

Your sushi painting has a texture and color that feels very real. I looked at all the other versions...and this one captures the subject very well! Keep painting! and many thanks for your comment at my blog! Marie

urgwen said...

Very nice! good texture! looks yummy

iart said...

Thank you very much Marie!

whoart?

My photo
Year 1
What happens when a Fine Art student decides to get her portfolio done and starts a blog. Will she keep on updating or will she let it go as most previous journals? Who is going to comment on her blog? Read on to know more.

Finaly the long awaited sequel is here!

Year 2
She did keep up and update, but now that she is a University student, is the work load to much? Is she still interested in shamelessly showing of? So many questions, so little are answered. Follow her on her journey.

Available at any browser near you.