Jun 24, 2009

Wednsday learning

My last speed painting up to now. I don't have enough canvas boards at this point, and I also don't have any subjects (Yes we ate all the food).

oil on 8"x8" canvas board, 2oo9

I am quite proud of this one. I think that I learned a lot and especially achieved a number of desired effects. It is also the one I struggled and hated the most during the making process.
Sadly I could not get the exact colours. The onion is much more purple and has more light edges in real life.

I definitely feel like I am starting to learn a few things, and that as I am choosing subjects that I feel uncertain about I am getting the needed experience.

3 comments:

CCC (Crazy Cooking Camper) said...

I really like this one. I like the light spot and the way it shines, just like the real onion.

BTW I have food - bring those canvas you got and lets PAINT!!!! ;)

Kellie Marian Hill said...

beautiful color on this one, and the texture of the layers flaking off... wow :)

iart said...

Thank you Kellie! I was very afraid of not getting the layers right, I am happy to know that I did!

whoart?

My photo
Year 1
What happens when a Fine Art student decides to get her portfolio done and starts a blog. Will she keep on updating or will she let it go as most previous journals? Who is going to comment on her blog? Read on to know more.

Finaly the long awaited sequel is here!

Year 2
She did keep up and update, but now that she is a University student, is the work load to much? Is she still interested in shamelessly showing of? So many questions, so little are answered. Follow her on her journey.

Available at any browser near you.