Feb 6, 2010

Heavy Saturday

So here are two pictures of my lithography stone.
Litho is more difficult than Intaglio, as you don't quite see what is happening, while you draw.

After drawing your image you have to etch it with gum arabic and nitric acid. The only problem is that if you have even a little smudge of fat on your stone, it is going to etch and it is going to show.

I will be printing on Wednesday and I'll get the pictures eventually. I am not very satisfied with the results but I suppose it'll have to do. I have definitely learned a few important things.



0 comments:

whoart?

My photo
Year 1
What happens when a Fine Art student decides to get her portfolio done and starts a blog. Will she keep on updating or will she let it go as most previous journals? Who is going to comment on her blog? Read on to know more.

Finaly the long awaited sequel is here!

Year 2
She did keep up and update, but now that she is a University student, is the work load to much? Is she still interested in shamelessly showing of? So many questions, so little are answered. Follow her on her journey.

Available at any browser near you.