Apr 28, 2010

Fruity Wednesday

I edited part of my images and I present you with Maloideae.
This was my last project for intaglio, for which by the way I got an A (sadly, no +). We discussed it for a whole hour and came to the conclusion that it is indeed sexual in nature...Oh well.



Maloideae, three 4"x4.5" etchings on 7.5"x12" BFK paper, 2010.


Here are the details.


QUINCE



Cydonia oblonga, detail.



PEAR



Pyrus communis, detail.


APPLE



Malus domestica, detail.



I might make separate prints of them, but for now I have 8 full one. They are as Holier-Than-Thou for sale.

I can't wait for next session to start. I really want to print some more. It's so much fun. Plus it is very likely that I am going to be a monitor which means I will be there all the time!

2 comments:

dendoo said...

I am soooo sorry to be rude but I only see vaginas. But then is it rude to see something so womanly in an object that is womanly itself? Fruit ripens as a woman does, it blushes like a woman does, it has a heavenly scent like a woman does. Fruit therefore is woman.

iart said...

No worries, nothing rude!
It is exactly the discussion I had during my class critique. A fruit is often compared to a woman, weather her body as a whole or body parts.
I just hope that my work was subtle enough to let people see both the sexual and the non sexual aspect of the image!

whoart?

My photo
Year 1
What happens when a Fine Art student decides to get her portfolio done and starts a blog. Will she keep on updating or will she let it go as most previous journals? Who is going to comment on her blog? Read on to know more.

Finaly the long awaited sequel is here!

Year 2
She did keep up and update, but now that she is a University student, is the work load to much? Is she still interested in shamelessly showing of? So many questions, so little are answered. Follow her on her journey.

Available at any browser near you.