Nov 22, 2010

Work in Progress Monday

First etch of some of my plates, for Advanced Printing Projects.



It's a great class. However sometimes it feels like a court room. You have to prove that your project is worth the attention. Things like "I decided to make it because it is my favourite subject and I like colours" don't fly here. It's very helpful and demanding.

I feel very small as most students are in their 3rd year or in their last session. There are a few people who have a strong artistic production that is of a professional level.
Oh well, I better kick their asses!

Now I need to design a fancy rococo frame as I have an appointment on Wednesday during which we are going to cast it.

2 comments:

Marilyn R Miller said...

Thank you for commenting on one of my rose paintings... I just found it....
So I looked at your "iart".
Some of you drawings remind me of my student work (from Long, long ago...)
I loved the process of etching but could never afford an etching press. At least not one I would have wished to work on. Cheap ones are so ...cheap...

Now I am near the end of my career and painting is all I wish to do. But I wish to get some real power back into it. I see that power in your drawings.

Keep working! Keep blogging! It is all a marvelous, exciting adventure which goes by too quickly....

Liza said...

Thank you so much Marilyn!

I think that you should still try etching. There must be studios available. It is a wonderful process!

whoart?

My photo
Year 1
What happens when a Fine Art student decides to get her portfolio done and starts a blog. Will she keep on updating or will she let it go as most previous journals? Who is going to comment on her blog? Read on to know more.

Finaly the long awaited sequel is here!

Year 2
She did keep up and update, but now that she is a University student, is the work load to much? Is she still interested in shamelessly showing of? So many questions, so little are answered. Follow her on her journey.

Available at any browser near you.